Chipolata, Leek and Lettuce Pasta Shells
- 1 Pack Perfectly Balanced Beef and Carrot Chipolatas, casing removed
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 leeks, sliced and drained
- 250 g shell pasta
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cups lettuce, torn
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup chives, sliced
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water. Drain pasta, set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan on low to medium heat. Squeeze the chipolatas from their skins into the pan and break up into small pieces. Cook for 10 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Add leeks to sausage and cook for about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned and softened.
- Add pasta to pan, stir in butter and lemon juice, and season to taste with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
- Add lettuce and enough pasta water to create a light sauce that coats the pasta, mix until well combined.
- Serve with Parmesan and Chives on top.