Beef and Carrot Chipolatas with Risoni Salad
- 1 Pack of Perfectly Balanced Beef and Carrot Chipolatas
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup risoni pasta
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped + 1/4 cup small leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red rnion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cups rocket leaves
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- Cook the risoni in a saucepan of boiling, salted water according to packet directions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile combine the ricotta, chopped basil and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a bowl. Season to taste.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan on low to medium heat. Cook sausages for 10-15 minutes turning frequently until fully cooked, then remove to a plate and keep warm. Once cool enough to handle, chop chipolatas into bite sized chunks.
- Combine the cooked pasta, basil leaves, onion, tomato, rocket leaves, lemon juice and remaining tablespoons of olive oil in a large bowl. Gently mix through the chipolata chunks.
- Serve topped with a spoonful of the ricotta and remaining fresh basil leaves.