Rustic Sweet Potato Shepherds Pie with Mince
- 1 Pack Perfectly Balanced Beef and Vegetable Mince
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 500mls of beef stock
- 250g Tasty Light Cheese shredded
- 2 sprig rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
Sweet Potato Mash
- 2 large sweet potatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon of margarine
- 2 cups of light milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Prepare a pot with water, large frying pan and turn oven onto 200 degrees Celsius.
- Peel and chop sweet potato and add to water, bring to the boil, cook until soft. While the sweet potato is cooking prepare a large pan and put on medium heat.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan, chop celery and add to the pan, stir every now and then till golden brown.
- Add the beef and vegetable mince until browned. Stir in tomato paste, beef stock and 1 sprig of rosemary, bring to the boil and then lower heat to simmer. Cook for 20min until thickened.
- While mince is cooking, mash sweet potato adding margarine, milk, salt and pepper. Mash until smooth, add more milk if needed.
- Place mince into medium size heat proof dish, top with tasty cheese, add mash, bake for a further 15min. To serve, garnish with remaining sprig of rosemary.